My new solo venture is EmailEngine, an email syncing app. I have no investors and no one to report to, but I find it a good exercise to generate a recurring overview of the business, so I'm publishing these reports here.
- I changed the pricing at the beginning of the month. The previous subscription price was 250€ + VAT per year. The new price is 495€ + VAT.*
- I released a beta version of ElasticSearch integration. This enables local caching of emails for faster API responses. It also opens up the possibility of data mining over stored emails.
- To drive more web traffic to EmailEngine's homepage, I started featuring it on Ethereal.email, a popular test-email account service. It's another web property that I own and run.
|April 2022||May 2022||MoM|
|New paying customers||8||7||-12%|
|Total paying customers||24||31||+29%|
|Net cash flow||$1,953||$3,677||+88%|
Plans for June
- To improve EmailEngine's API coverage. Currently, EmailEngine can not run write operations over a range of messages, only against a single email. This makes operations like "mark all messages as read" unnecessarily complex.
- Try to get featured on a web property I do not own. So far, the main drivers of traffic have been Nodemailer.com and Ethereal.email, both owned and managed by myself.
For general details about the business, see the pitch deck.
If you want to get these monthly reports to your email, please subscribe.
* For all the stats, I use dollar nomination, but I sell EmailEngine for euros.
** MRR and cash flow numbers do not match as I sell yearly subscriptions, so customers always pay upfront.