My current solo venture is EmailEngine, an email-syncing app. I have no investors and no one to report to, but I find it a good exercise to generate a recurring overview of the business, so I'm publishing these reports here.
This month was off the charts for many reasons. For example, I refunded a record amount of money. I mistakingly flagged one new customer as a spammer and canceled their subscription. Due to a software bug, one customer got charged twice. And finally, I proactively "fired" one customer that seemed completely clueless about what they paid for and what EmailEngine is. That's more than $2k of refunds 😵💫 And still the best month revenue-wise! What about that customer I mistakingly flagged? Their bank blocked further payments to my Stripe account, so I had to give access to EmailEngine to them for free.
- I like round numbers, and in November, several round milestones were reached: $2,000 MRR, $25k ARR, and 60 paying customers from 20 different countries.
- A post about EmailEngine got the top position on the Indie Hackers front page for an entire day. This drove up web visits quite a bit.
- EmailEngine got featured in the One Person Business newsletter.
- A streak of 10% MRR growth MoM continued for the 9th month.
- Syncing emails to ElasticSearch has been stable enough that I was able to remove the beta tag from that feature.
|October 2022||November 2022||MoM|
|New paying customers||6||6||0%|
|Total paying customers||57||63||+11%|
|Net cash flow||$3,318||$4,281||+29%|
If you want to get these monthly reports to your email, please subscribe.